Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Policia, Policia!

Ok, Trish, This is for you... I've frequently made references to me running from the police in Costa Rica. My friend Trish has been asking me to tell the whole story so here goes: The summer before my senior year of high school I went on an exchange program to Costa Rica. For those of you who didn't know me back then, I'm embarrassed to say I was seriously a goody two-shoes. Yep, I even carried a Bible to school. I never went to the woods to party or have sex. I followed my mom's curfew and I was always trying to save somebody from their sins. (I have since made up for all of these things more than once or twice, just in case you are wondering, lol!)

And talk about ANXIOUS!!! Where the hell was the Effexor back then? I worried about the craziest crap. Because of all the worrying, looking back in all honesty, my high school years weren't all that enjoyable.

So, anyway, back to Costa Rica. I was paired with this really fun, adventuresome girl who was like polar opposite of me. Apparently, it was a tradition at their high school for the seniors to go out at midnight and bang on the doors of the juniors. (I think that's what we were doing. It was almost 16 years ago and alot of Bud Lights later, so I can't really remember.) Anyway, it's midnight in Costa Rica and I'm trapsing across people's yards with my Costa Riccan sister and her friends when all of a sudden I hear someone yell, "Policia, Policia!" The next thing I know everybody starts running. My spanish isn't all that great but I sure knew the word "policia"! So, I ran. Now, I wasn't extremely overweight back then, but I wasn't fit either. I am also 5'3" tall. Picture it if you will, me 5'3" running across a field when I come to a 4 foot cement wall. I swear to you, I jumped the wall! I guess that's what they mean by the power of adrenaline??? I had NEVER done anything like that ever before. I can honestly say, I have never done anything quite like ever again, either.

Yep, that's my 'Policia' story. Come to think of it, I sure would like to go back to Costa Rica. I have some reliving to do!

2 comments:

Patyrish said...

OH HONEY! THAT IS GREAT! I CAN JUST IMAGINE YOU JUMPIGN THAT WALL!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I love this story!

Unknown said...

Too funny! Thanks for sharing! There are a few things I'd like to go back and have fun with again too! LOL!