Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Godspeed, Sweet Dreams

I've heard this song before. My friend Deborah talks about it on her blog when referring to her son. My sister used it for part of a slideshow she made about Thomas, but it didn't hit me until today. I guess it was because of the comment the swimming instructor made about Thomas. The youtube video isn't the greatest but its the lyrics that I want readers to hear not necessarily look at the video. Why are always in such a freakin' hurry to rush our kids? I even do it myself. I was bragging to my friend Maggie about how smart her little boy is. (He really is!) And she laughed and said all she wanted was for Luc to be an average little boy who was happy about life. Shouldn't that be what we all want for our kiddos? Why do they have to be the best in every aspect of life? Let's face it, we're not all meant to be doctors or lawyers. Which on a side note is probably a good thing. LOL! Not everybody is meant for college. What really matters is being happy. As for Thomas, until his behavior causes harm to himself or others, we need to appreciate the kid that he is (I do!!!) and when people make unsolicited comments about his behavior, from now on, I'm going to give them a piece of my mind! My goal this year as a teacher is to point out EVERYTHING positive that my students do to their parents. They already know about their kiddos' limitations. So, why dwell on that. Hell, doctors and society in general do that enough for them. So, this song is dedicated to all the kiddos I come into contact with!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I love that song. It's beautiful and it too makes me think of Deb and Micah.

People are very quick to rush our kids along these days. I am trying so hard to relish in every moment with both of my babies though.....I don't have to explain why.

You rock.