Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Survived...

the first day of school! I have to say it was probably the best first day of school EVER! I am in love with my class. Its hard to believe that I could fall in love with them after just being with them for 3 days but I am. I am thankful to work with one of my best friends, Amber. Our Volunteer Grandma came back. She's a saint and she loves to rock "the babies." (as she calls them all, lol!) We have a new person in our room and she has jumped right in.

So far we have 8 kiddos. Which is plenty! We have to spoon feed 3 of them because of choking and/or fine motor issues. One of our guys is trying to be potty trained but as for the other friends... they are in diapers. I pray our changing table comes soon. Four of them are unable to walk.

Its pretty exciting this year, we have music therapy! The children love it. The district finally hung a swing in our room and they love it. The OT is going to order us another one so we can switch out. I personally like the one we have now b/c its strong enough to hold me while I swing holding a child. They're all pretty much non-verbal but its amazing the bond we all already have with them. As I said earlier, my goal this year is to make this a fun and exciting year for these kiddos!

3 comments:

MiSScNeLLY said...

Congratulations on a good start to the school year. School starts here on Tuesday and I am kinda looking forward to it, not really.. haha!

The swings are AWESOME. We use different attachments like a platform swing, a hammock which looks like a big silky blanket, and some kind of hammock that has a fishnet look to it. There are others but that is all that I can think of right now. Anyway, enjoy!

Patyrish said...

Glad things went well. We had all kinds of hiccups on this end. Glad we are FINALLY into the swing of things though.

I sooo wish they hung a swing in Makilys room. She would love it.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.