Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, August 01, 2008

Random Thoughts

School starts in two weeks. I'm kind of excited/nervous at the same time. This years kiddos will be more involved physically, not so much behavior, so at least I won't be running as much, lol! I'm nervous because I'm not exactly sure about the route I should take in teaching these guys (i.e. curriculum) and I want to make the most of every minute. I ordered a couple of curriculum guides to sample but I still feel like I need some training.

I was in Wal-mart this morning and saw all sorts of new fabric to decorate the bulletin boards with. Which for the first time in a long time actually made me excited about teaching. So, now my co-teacher and I have to think of a theme for the start of school and get busy re-organizing. YIKES!!!

The other cool thing about this year is for the first time in my whole teaching career I don't feel the need to be the best or have my hands in every facet of the school. Let me rephrase that, I feel the need to be the very best teacher for my students, but as for striving to be "top dog," I don't really care. In fact, I asked to be taken off a couple of committees.

My life feels complete. I have a terrific job that I love (great co-teacher, sweet students, etc.) I am starting the year healthy (50 pounds lighter!) My boyfriend is absolutely wonderful. I still love my new house (I've almost made it a whole year!) Life is good!!!!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

YAY J. I agree things have been going wonderfully for you. I am so happy for you girl!