Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

People Should Keep Their Mouths Shut!

I don't understand people these days. My sister is taking Thomas to swimming lessons this week. Apparently, he's too advanced for what the instructor is asking of him (i.e. sitting on the steps and trying to grab toys.) So the instructor tries to get him to use a kickboard. Thomas isn't really interested in the kickboard. Instead, he likes to stand on the edge of the pool and yell (in his words), "one, two, free, spash!" and then with a big grin on his face he jumps in the pool. The instructor suggested to my sister that she "unleash" him before tomorrow's class because he is just too hyper. The kid is only 17 months old. Give him a freakin' break. He's advanced in alot of areas but in other areas he's a typical kiddo. Since Thomas is so big for his age alot of people think emotionally/socially he should be advanced. I get a little defensive when people crack on my nephews or niece. Maybe I need to drive down to swim class and have a little chat with that instructor!

My Bubba Trying To Fill Daddy's Shoes... Take Your Time Little Man!

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I have never met a 17 month old that is NOT excited and "hyper".

sigh

I think she was just too inpatient to deal with it.