Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Balancing Act

So, I am currently stuck at 165. I should be happy about this and I am to a point. I really want to be at 145 that way I wouldn't be considered "overweight" for my height. Plus, I'm vain and I really want to be a size 8! Regardless, I feel better and I look pretty darn good. I went to an outdoor wedding yesterday and sweated like a whore in church (pardon my random frankness.) Anyway, 45 pounds ago my thighs would have caught on fire and I wouldn't have looked pretty at all. So, needless to say I am thankful for the weightloss.

I work with a small group trainer two days a week. This is the same trainer who trained me to run. She asked me the other day when we could get together to work on the running some more. I told her I'd get back to her. For one, I can't balance it all. Its hard to work out, teach at night, be in love and find time for myself. Two, its freakin' hot. The thought of running outside any time of day makes me ill. I tried to run with Jes yesterday around 9am and couldn't make it around one lap. Its too damn humid! When it cools down, I'll go back to outdoor running. For now, I'm focusing on the treadmill and elliptical. So, I guess my dreams of doing a 10k will be put on the backburner. I still need to increase my speed anyway.

I had some other points to this entry but I'm running on 4 hours of sleep so I must close. Don't feel sorry for me... it was worth it! Love, J

1 comment:

Erika said...

I don't blame you. Running drives me crazy too. Also...if your aren't having fun doing a certain type of exercise, then it's better to find something you do enjoy doing. That way, you'll stick to it. : ) You'll get past the plateau, just keep up the good work! : )