Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, June 27, 2008

I Tip My Hat Off...

I am sick! As I've mentioned before, on a daily basis, I have terrible post nasal drip, to the point that I am nauseated. Here lately, not only am I am nauseated but I get extremely dizzy as well. Not ditsy, as my step-dad would say, I'm always ditsy, lol! So, I went to the doctor two weeks ago and he gave me Allegra-D for the dizziness. He says there's fluid behind my ears which is causing the dizziness. I took the Allegra-D for 10 days only to start coughing like I'd been chain-smoking for the past 20 years the other night. I also sound like a man I'm so hoarse. Fortunately, I'm not so dizzy or nauseated but I'm terribly congested to the point that I cough and can't catch my breath. (talk about some scary shit, pardon my language, but not being able to breathe is really frightening!) So, today, I went back to the doctor and he prescribed a steroid and some antibiotics. He also told me to take Mucinex. He thinks its a sinus infection and a little bronchitis. How the hell you can have a little bronchitis is beyond me but that's what he said! After the doctor's appointment I dropped my car off at Firestone to have the tires rotated and an alignment done. While I waited, I decided I'd go across the street to Target and have my prescriptions filled. Sometimes, I swear I have no depth perception. I also didn't realize just how sick I was until I made it across Apalachee Parkway. I hate those crosswalk thingies. It turned red halfway across so I had to run! By the time I got to Target, (which when one is walking, IS NOT just across the street!) I was so winded. My point to this entry is not to feel sorry for me. Its to say I have more empathy for people with asthma and other lung-related problems.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I think have "a little bronchitis" is like being "a little pregnant".

No such thing.

I love doctors dont you?