Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Just Be...

We do this alot. Hurry, hurry, hurry... and then WAIT. Have you ever taken the time to just sit and BE? Its really hard for me just be. (I know that's not grammatically correct, but you get the point!)

This summer I got a traffic ticket for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. I think it was after that experience of paying a $189 fine that helped me begin to learn to slow down and wait. Its a constant struggle but I'm working at it. When I teach in town I have to stop at a particular stop sign where there is little or no traffic. (Obviously though, its there for a reason.) There are days it pisses me off because I want to just zoom on through. When I actually stop, look and take a few breaths I actually find that its calming.

I was looking at some pictures of Thomas from his first year of life. I can remember those first few months and the summer I helped take care of him being so nerve-racking. I cried alot for fear of the unknown (would Molly and Eric move to Wakulla, would I be a good enough aunt, would something bad happen to Thomas.) I had a hard time just enjoying the moment. There are days now when I just sit and stare at him. He is such a blessing. He is also in God's hands.

Its seriously a day-to-day struggle for me to just be, but I am working hard at it. You know, I'm finding that when I just relax and take in the moment, the moment works itself out and things really are ok!

No comments: