Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Monday, June 23, 2008

Life in a Small Town

So I had a great weekend. I met Josh's friends, went bowling and to "the river." I'm learning that when I'm with someone I trust I actually enjoy the great outdoors. I'm even thinking about taking a hunter's safety course. I have to admit, I did have to drink a couple of beers after getting to the river. Lord, that was scary. The roads were very bumpy and there were places where you had to put the truck in 1st or 2nd gear to get through. I also saw six baby alligators. Fortunately, the mamma was not in sight!

I was so nervous about meeting his friends, but I did like my friend Amber told me to do and just smiled pretty and nodded alot. I did pretty good with holding conversations but I didn't know the people that well so it was a big deal for the Princess of Anxietyland. I was invited back over and Josh said they liked me so I guess I'm ok.

On Sunday, Josh and I went to Zaxby's for lunch. My cell phone rang and I answered it. It was my step-dad. He said, "I know where you are." He of all people, was in the drive-through at Zaxby's. The funny thing is, my parents live 27 miles from Zaxby's so what are the chances that he would be driving by? (He was on his way from fishing.) So, I told him to park and meet Josh. He did. Then he raced home to tell my mamma that he got to meet him! My mamma, then proceeded to call my sister and inform her that Gene met JOsh before she did! She wasn't very happy about that. So, I guess on Wednesday, Josh and I will be driving to my parents house so my mamma can meet him. Pray for us! LOL!!! I'm thinkin' I'm going to need more than two beers for this one.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

That is hilarious. It's like that here too (although I must say Ocala is getting BIG). Usually though I always run into people when my hair is in a bunch on top of my head and I have puke on my shirt....lovely.

I had to laugh that your step-dad met him first, I can imagine your mom was NOT pleased LOL!