Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Redneck Woman

So I was looking at some recent pictures and couldn't help but to notice my red neck. Thinking back, even when I'd tan in the tanning bed, I'd have a very nice light glow about me but I'd have a red neck. Those days are so over. Let a dermatologist cut on you a couple of times and being tan isn't a priority. The crazy thing is, I wear 30 SPF everyday but I still have a red neck! We went out to the Stetson's for my birthday a few weeks ago and that song "Redneck Woman" came on. I had to laugh. There I was in all my glory looking good minus the redneck! Then I thought, who cares?

Thinking about it all now, it also reminds me of my daddy. That man was as white as a ghost minus his red neck and tanned face and arms. I like to think I have some of other traits as well. I guess I do. I don't know if its because I'm getting older or what but I want so desperately to know more about him. I have my own memories but their from my point of view. When people die, research will tell you that people make them out to be saints or angels. I'm not one of those people but I will tell you, despite his shortfalls, my daddy did have a heart of gold. He was a good man and he would give you the shirt off of his back. I'd like to believe he is an angel looking after us all. So, with that said, I will!

No comments: