Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Thursday, June 26, 2008

John Deere Green

I'm not sure where this new fascination has come from but here lately I've been intrigued by big tractors and front end loaders. Perhaps its me being a pre-k teacher or having a 16 month old nephew who is ALL BOY! Who knows, I have been known to line up ketchup packets at the MacDonalds so it could be a slight case of autism, lol! No offense to anyone with a kiddo who has autism. Anyway, my friend Amber's son has two or three miniature John Deere tractors that I think are so cute. Then I found John Deere story books at Borders. Best of all, I was shopping the other day and found pink and green John Deere shirts for girls! Those of you who know me, know I've lived a sheltered life and I'm not much for the outdoors but here lately all that has seemed to change. Its funny what love will do for a girl. Oh, I digressed... so all this John Deere stuff made me think about the song by Joe Diffie, "John Deere Green." It was popular when I was high school. I used to drive my friends crazy playing the cassette over and over again. I just loved it.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I used to sing this in the TWANGIEST southern accent I could possibly muster to annoy my oldest sister.

"he wrote billy bob loves Charleeeene"

Seriously it's catchy!