Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Friday, March 14, 2008

29 days to go!!!

Remember my friend Jessica gave me the website for the 'Couch to 5K?' Well, I'm almost to week 7. Which means by week 9 I should be able to jog a 3 mile run in 30 minutes. Right now I am just focusing on jogging the allotted time and haven't been really measuring the distance. I'm doing pretty good with keeping with the time so my new goal is to focus on the distance in 30 minutes. I dug out my old Jenny Craig pedometer and dusted it off last night. You know, the $30 pedometer that was "top of the line?" The funny thing is, the time on it was the same as it was last night when I opened it, which means it hasn't been used since Spring Forward last year! Oh well! Gotta start somewhere right?

Anyway, Jes and I are going to participate in a 5k on Saturday, April 12th. This will be my first one ever. Our next goal is a triathalon. Gotta find a pool first! I am really excited about the whole thing. I figure if I write it down in a blog, I've at least got to attempt it so that I don't look like a cheeseball.

So, I made a plan last night to begin intense training. My plan: get up early to jog in the AM. Alternate swimming and biking in the PM. I got up this morning to jog and discovered it was raining! Fortunately I have an elliptical so I just used that. Not the same, but hey, its exercise! May need to contemplate a gym membership. This afternoon I'm going to Wal-mart and buy a bike rack for my Honda. Poor bike, its not gonna know what hit it! LOL!

Well, I must go get ready for work. Take CAre, J

No comments: