Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Running!

I ran again this morning by myself in my neighborhood. Its kind of hilly and pretty much all dirt roads minus the main one that goes through the neighborhood. I am happy to say that I ran 1.9 miles in 25 minutes. Which still averages out to about 13 minutes a mile. Its really funny because back when I started this program I thought I was going to die just jogging for 60 seconds!

Yesterday, I went to a specialty shop and bought my very first pair of running shoes. I got fitted for them and everything. I almost died when he told me how much they cost but it was worth every penny. The guy that fitted me also informed me that a person should get one to two sizes bigger than what they normally wear. I had to get a size 9! I normally wear between a 7-8 depending on the shoe. He tried to sell me some inserts but since I don't have enough equity in my house just yet, I told him I'd come back later. I looked the shoes up online last night and felt a little better about the price. They didn't jip me.

Well, gotta go wash Missy and dig up my flower beds. It looks like I'm growing tobacco plants in my front yard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Patyrish said...

Janie 13 min mile is AWESOME. You go girl! The best I have EVER gotten was like 12 minutes myself so YOU ARE KICKING SERIOUS BOOTY!

Those shoes sound SNAZZY! I want pictures please!