Family is Forever

Family is Forever

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Running...

I finished the 'Couch to 5k' running program on Thursday. I ended up only being able to do 2.4 miles in 30 minutes. Today, I ran without using the program, at my own pace for 3 complete miles. It took me about 45 minutes. I really hope I decrease my time by April 12th. I think I will because I'll be running with Jessica. You also get free beer at the end of the race. If that won't motivate me, I'm not sure what will. Although, if the race starts at 8am, I'm not so sure I'm going to want to start drinking beer at 8:45am!??? Hrrmm, I need to ponder this one some more.

I broke down and joined a gym this past Friday. After Thursday's run, I thought I was going to freakin' die of a heat stroke and it was only like 75 degrees outside. It's just going to get hotter! I got a really good deal at the gym and think I'm going to get a personal trainer. I'm at the point now where I need to do some serious toning and you know me. I don't like to push myself. I hate to sweat and I especially hate weightlifting! So, I need a trainer to push me. I seriously want to be a size 8 by July. I've never been an 8 so I'm not sure if it'll happen but I am going to continue to work hard to get there.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

yeah ugh a beer at 9 am blech, I dont' know girl!